Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Intensive Discipleship Training This Week

Starting tomorrow Monica and I will be attending an intensive, three-day, twelve hour Discipleship Training Course at our church. We were assigned a lot of homework to complete prior to the course. One of the assignments was to read the story of Joseph in Genesis 37 through 50. His story has always been one of my favorite bible stories.

Joseph had many bad things happen to him and he faced many temptations but remained true to his faith and his God through out it all and the Lord blessed him greatly for his faithfulness. The life story of Joseph shows example after example of how the Lord works all things together for good to those who trust Him.

Our Pastor encouraged us to read the story of Joseph several times and asked us to think through it closely because it is a key element of understanding our own lives and the working of God's will.

I am going to spend much of the day today preparing for this course. And I lift up my wife and everyone else who will be attending this class over the next three days.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for this opportunity to draw closer to You. Lord I pray that lives will be touched and changed forever because of this course. Father God I ask that You prepare my heart for this weekend. Make it tender and open to the Holy Spirit's prompting.

Lord help Monica and I to complete our pre-class assignments today. Bless Elijah to be self-contained and busy today. We are setting this time aside for You, Lord. Pastor Cere said that many things might happen to us this week to distract us, keep us from completing our work, or even prevent us from attending the course. Lord I just pray a hedge of protection around my family and myself over the next few days.

Father God I love You. I give today to You like I've given no other day. Help me to remain completely focused on the tasks at hand. It's all about You Lord and for Your Glory.

My life is in Your Hands. I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: