Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Drifting through a mentally and physically exhausting life is not the Lord’s plan for us. Our challenge is to take captive anxious thoughts (2 Cor. 10:5) and replace them with God-pleasing ones—dwelling on that which is pure, good, and right. The best way to remove stray threads of worry is to crowd them out with something positive: weave Scripture into your mental grid instead. -Dr Charles Stanley


God has something to say about everything that concerns us. I love that Dr Stanley's devotional today echoed my sentiments yesterday. And I love his advice and encouragement to 'weave scripture' into one's mental grid. This is definitely something that I want to do, and MUST do if I am to overcome negative thoughts and actions.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for great shepherds like Dr Stanley. Thank You for Your Timeless Truth, The Bible. Lord I pray that You instill in me a hunger and thirst for Your Word like never before. Help me to be in The Word more than ever. And enable it to change me into someone that That You can really use for Kingdom work.

Lord I thank You for the unbelievable act of kindness that was demonstrated to our family yesterday by one of our sisters in Christ. Wow... we are so humbled.

Father God I continue to lift up this country. I pray for those who are living worldly selfish lives without any concern for the sanctity of life, others around them, or the moral future of our country.

Lord I lift up those who know better but are doing nothing or very little to stem the tide of evil and moral decay flooding this country. I pray for the weary, Lord. I pray for the small remnant that stands strong in the gap. Help us to continue the good fight and be salt and light to this world.

Lord I lift up our governmental leaders. Raise up men of character and faith, Lord. Lord I still pray for blessings on America.

I love You Lord. And I will show You that Love by giving my all for the sake of Heaven. I will live my life today in Your honor, for Your Glory my King.

God, please bless my precious family today. Keep them safe. Enable us all to influence those around us for You.

In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: