Monday, November 10, 2008

Philippians 4:8-9 Revisited

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute , if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."Philippians 4:8-9


I thought this would be a good verse for me to re-visit today because I have a tendency to slip into negative thoughts when I'm facing the same negative situations over and over again.

I don't want to be negative, and the Apostle Paul is absolutely correct in his strategy to defeat negative thoughts. We must dwell on that which is not negative...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I need You. My family needs You. The church needs You. This country needs You. The whole world needs You. Thank You for being a God who is able to meet our needs. Thank You for being a God who really cares. Thank You for Your helper, The Holy Spirit. Thank You for the sacrifice of Your dear sweet son, Jesus Christ.

Lord thank You for those who would be Your hands and feet. I pray Lord that You would allow me to be one of those.

Father God I fall on Your mercy and grace for my negative thoughts and actions yesterday. I pray that You continue to help me overcome that sin in my life. I want to honor You, Lord. I love You Father. My faith and hope is in You. Keep working Your work in me my King.

Today is a new day. Father God I lift up President Obama and his administration today. I lift up President Bush, too. Bless our country's leaders, Lord. Enable and Influence them to make Godly decisions.

Father I pray that You change the hearts of many Americans today, including President Obama's. I pray that Americans everywhere will recognize that abortion is murder and sin is sin. I pray that America turn from it's worshipping the dollar and make You Lord of all.

You are MY Lord of All. You are My Family's Lord of All, too. We Love You, Lord. I ask blessings on my family today. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: