Saturday, November 29, 2008

Prayer for my effectiveness as a Father and Leader

There's no way we can reach our potential effectiveness to this lost and dying world if we can't treat each other right and get along within our own family unit.

-Samuel Chadwell, November 2008


I'm struggling to be an effective spiritual leader and role model to my wife and children. Of course my main problem once again is trying to solve this issue under my own power. I can not and will not be able to fix this on my own.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I pray that I could be more effective as a parent and husband to my family. I consider my relationship with my family to be the most important 'mission field' of my life. And I know it must be important because otherwise, the enemy would not be paying so much attention to it.

Father God I lift up Monica, Connor, and Elijah to You. Bless them, Lord I pray. I am so grateful for my family. But Lord I have not been an effective spiritual leader or role model and I am deeply sorry for that. I want this family to honor You and give You glory by the way we treat each other. Lord I am especially ineffective with Connor. While I pray for changes in his life I recognize that I need to effect some changes as well.

Lord I pray that Connor would seek a closer walk with You and spend more time engaged in things that have a consequence in Your Kingdom Work. And Lord I pray those things for myself, too.

Father God, Elijah is getting old enough to where he can discern when there is conflict present in our home and I do not want him to grow up with conflict. Lord my wife is the sweetest woman on this planet. I love her and want to honor her with a happy wholesome family unit.

Above all else Lord I pray that Your Holy Name be glorified by the way this family loves and treats each other. Lord my focus today is on my own family, but Lord I also ift up families everywhere to You. What's wrong with this family is what's wrong with the world.

I love You Lord, and I'm grateful to be a part of the family of God. You've got this situation under control. I rest in You my King. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: