Sunday, November 30, 2008

Prayer for This Day of Rest....

Hmmm... We're heading out the door for church in fifteen minutes... First and foremost I need to pray for our Pastor, Cere. He's already preached the early message but he has one more coming up in hour.

I must pray for my family as well. For some reason Sundays tend to be the most difficult day for family harmony. I am claiming the famous phrase from Romans as my verse for the day...

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

- Romans 12:18

My heart is willing, and by God's Divine Grace, today WILL be a day of peace for this family.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord the Sabbath is designed to be all about you. It is supposed to be a day where we commemorate the work You did during the creation period and the time You rested afterwards.

Father God it should be a time of drawing close to You individually and in corporate worship. Lord I pray that this will be a day of peace for this family. I pray that we honor You with our words, with the tone of our voice, with all our heart, mind, and soul.

Lord I lift up Cere as he prepares to deliver his message this next hour. I pray that the power of the Holy Spirit will descend upon the entire church body and we leave today renewed and transformed ready to impact the world for Your Kingdom.

Father God I especially lift up Connor to You this morning. I pray for a double blessing of His time with You and the rest of our family today. I pray for my heart Lord. Keep it soft and tender. Season my words with Your grace my King. I clothe myself in full armor this morning ready for anything the enemy my send my way.

Lord I Love You. I praise You, my King. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: