Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Preparing My Heart For Thanksgiving

I've been thinking very much about this year's Thanksgiving. This one seems quite different to me than all the previous ones in my life. I can't quite explain it more succinctly than that.

The Lord has really been making my heart more tender to a lot of things in my life. I am more in love with my wife and family than I ever have been. That in itself is not so unusual, I suppose. But I've never felt more attuned to the fact that every good thing in my life is from God. I've been blessed way beyond what I really deserve.

I have this sense though that America is unraveling at an incredible speed and our society's way of life is about to drastically change. My 'sense' tells me to that this could be one of the last few Thanksgiving holidays as we know it.

And the question is what am I going to do about it...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, I love You. And I am very grateful for my life and my 'way' of life. Father God, You have blessed me so much and I have done very little to nothing in return. Isn't it time that I started acting more like a child of God and impacting this world around me...?

Lord Help me. I need Holy Spirit Power to change. I am weak in and of myself but in You I am strong. I can see so clearly the little satanic traps I fall into time after time. Conflict at home with family members and issues with managing time and money are some of the main things that distract me and divide my time leaving precious little else for Kingdom Work.

Father God first and foremost, I am sorry. I apologize. I want to do better. I want to live a life that is completely honoring You. Oh You are showing me more things about myself this year that You ever had. And I am truly grateful.

I give today to You Lord. It's all about You, for Your Glory. And I stand in the gap for this great country which I am very thankful for. I pray for a spiritual revival to take place across this land. I pray for the generation of believers that You are raising up this very minute to fight here on earth for Your Kingdom in Heaven.

Lord I pray for the heart of Barack Obama. Soften it to You, Lord. Father God I pray for Christian influence in His Life. I pray for his family and his administration. Bless them to know You and make decisions based on the Truth of Your Holy Word.

Father God You are a good and awesome God. You've got the whole world in Your hands. I rest in You, my King. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, AMEN.


No comments: