Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Prayer Requests

I consider it a great honor when someone asks me to pray for them or their special prayer need. Recently an old high school friend of mine with whom I have recently reconnected with on facebook asked me to pray for a friend of his.

Today I want to especially lift up Todd Brewer's Friend, Mark Litton, who has Cancer.

Dear Heavenly Father,

What an awesome beautiful day You have created my King. Thank You so much for all the blessings. Thank You for all the good things in our lives. Father God Thank You for our friends who are near and far. Thank you for all those who have touched and impacted our lives in a positive way.

Lord, this morning I am lifting up a 'friend of a friend'. As You know, Mark has cancer, Lord. And God Bless him, Mark has been a big part of my friend Todd's life and impacted him in many great ways. Father God, I can not understand why there is cancer in the world except that it draws people closer to You. Lord we lean on You as the Great Healer and the Great Comforter in the midst of our trials.

I pray for healing for Mark, Lord. And I pray that throughout this entire experience that You will be exalted and glorified.

Lord I thank You for friends like Todd who believe in the power of prayer. I thank You for good friends like Mark who has been a mentor to Todd. Lord I thank You for the forum of prayer to bring our petitions to You. I pray that some good will come from all this. May this be a time of Mark's family and friends pulling closer together and closer to You, Lord.

I thank You for my own family and life circumstances. I have been richly blessed indeed, my King. Lord I give today up to You for Your Glory. I love You and I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments: