Thursday, January 15, 2009

Matthew 28:19 The Great Commission

Today's early light devotional with Dr Charles Stanley discussed the Great Commission. Dr Stanley wrote:

The Father gives different opportunities to each believer so we all can fulfill His command in unique ways. Since He never flings a door wide open unless He intends for us to go through it, stopping on the threshold is disobedience.

Hmmm... Dr Stanley's comments have given me some things to think about. Looking back on my life I can see several doors God has opened for me that I did not walk through. Oh I need to be more discerning in the future...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I've made some mistakes in my life. I am sorry for my disobedience in the past. Help me to make the most of current opportunities and make wise decisions in the future. I want to be right in the center of Your will for my life.

Father God I lift up my precious wife today as she prepares for her art classes later this morning and afternoon. Bless her efforts to touch the lives of the young people in her art classes.

Lord I thank You for the blessing of a wife who loves her husband and works tirelessly to make a good home for her family. I want to honor that blessing by being the best husband and daddy I can be. Help me to realize my potential in those areas.

Blessed Savior, I love You. I give my life to You. I am not ashamed to shout to the world that You are my King. You are my Rock. I can do all things through You. Lord I live today in Your honor, for Your Glory. I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: