Monday, January 12, 2009

Perspective...

I am up early this morning. I planned it this way. I scheduled this special time with my Lord and Savior on purpose. I love how the house is nice and quiet around 4 AM. I love the stillness of it. This is the time when I meet my Jesus. Oh how precious are these moments...!

Today is a milestone day for this journal. This post is my one thousandth online post since beginning this journal on blog spot back in 2004...! Of course, journaling is nothing new for me. I have written prayer and life journals dating all the way back to 1989... In fact, I'd love to go dig up my first journals and look in at the beginning of my Christian walk to gain perspective.

But anyway, I've been working on a discussion of the deterioration of the American family. I'm placing that on hold because another thought has been on my heart lately.

The scripture verse Matthew 19:24 flashed at me a few days ago. It was just a thought that popped into my head... It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

I've never thought that scripture has or would apply to myself. I've always considered myself 'poor'. But It's all perspective, isn't it...? And my perspective has blinded me. I realize now that even the 'poorest' American is extremely wealthy by global standards. The fact is:

AMERICA is that rich man... And the bible says that a rich man will have difficulty entering into heaven. In fact, according to Matthew: a camel has a better chance passing through an eye of a needle than a rich man has to enter in to heaven.

Without going into over analysing of that verse I got the sense that the Holy Spirit was just 'warning' me to not fall into the trap of thinking that I wasn't wealthy. By many standards, especially God's, I am VERY wealthy.

And then the another scripture verse came to mind: Luke 12:48 To whom much is entrusted, much is also expected...

And I thought, WOW...! And asked myself, What does God expect of me, and how have I done so far..?

I'm not EXACTLY sure what God is expecting, but I don't think I've really come close to realizing my potential so far. And meanwhile, the clock is ticking...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You for those flashes of insight from the Holy Spirit. I realize how blessed and set apart my family and I are...! I recognize that You expect BIG things from us. Oh Lord I pray earnestly that You enable us to reach and exceed our potential as individuals and as a family unit in serving and glorifying You.

Lord I pray for peace in Israel. I pray for a NEW Great Awakening in America. Father God I lift up my friend who's sick with cancer. Lord Hear My Prayer...!

Father God I pray for my own family. I lift up my precious wife. I lift up Elijah and Connor to You, My King. Bless them with a safe day. Bless them to draw closer to You.

I love You, Jesus. And pray these things in Your precious, holy name. Amen.



No comments: