Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Prayer for the John Travolta Family

The death of John Travolta's son has been one of the top news stories in the past 48 hours. My deepest sympathy goes out to anyone who has lost a loved one, especially a child. I can not imagine the horror of losing Elijah or Connor.

With all the news coverage, the faith and spiritual beliefs of John Travolta and his family have received much publicity. The Travolta's are devout Scientologists. This religion does not put it's faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Join me in lifting up the Travolta family over the next few days as they begin to cope with the loss of their son, Jett.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I love You. Today I lift up John Travolta and his family. Father God, I pray that throughout all of this that the Travolta family finds You. I hope that there might be a Christian believer close enough to the Travolta family to witness to them and comfort them in this desperate time of sorrow and loss.

Lord I thank You for my own salvation and the promise that salvation brings. I can think of nothing more important than knowing that my friends and family are saved and more and more each day I am under a stronger conviction to be more active witnessing to those within my sphere of influence.

Lord I pray You draw close to me as I draw close to You. Help me to live and share my faith unashamedly.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: