Friday, January 09, 2009

Psalm 34:4 and Tips for Successful Prayer

I sought the Lord and he heard me... Psalm 34:4

God DOES hear prayer. My life is living proof of that. This prayer journal is a tribute to that fact. I'm going to try to do a better job of recording the answered prayer in my life here in 2009... I want to make a praise report a regular feature of this blog...

Now, does every prayer get answered right away...? -NO

And sometimes I may never know the outcome or impact of certain prayers in this lifetime. I'm OK with that...

As Mother Teresa has said in the past, “God has not called me to be successful; He has called me to be faithful.”

Although I try to stay connected in prayer pretty much all day, even while I'm engaged in another activity, I think It's important to carve out at least one or two specific, quiet prayer times a day. We all need special time alone with God. I always try to make some morning time first thing in the morning if possible because that's how I want to start my day, alone with my precious Lord and Savior.

Another time of prayer for me is when I'm alone driving in the car. I also use driving time to work on scripture memorization. One of the most important things we can do is memorize scripture. In pretty much every case of their interaction in the bible, Jesus rebuked Satan by quoting scripture.

One of the most important tips I can offer for successful prayer is to have faith that God hears us. A hopeful expectation is not faith. Faith is active and powerful. Faith accesses all God's provision for our every need. Without Faith, prayer is a colossal waste of time...

Faith IS expectation, period. George Mueller had expectant faith and that's why God answered so many of his prayers...

Today my prayer is for an expectant faith...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I believe in You. I believe in the bible. Why isn't my faith stronger...? Too many times I know I'm praying from a position of hope rather than an expectant faith. Help my faith, Father.

The book of psalms are pretty much a collection of prayers from Your servant, David. The Psalms are David's prayer journal. He cried out to you in faith and You listened...! Oh praise You Lord for David's example and Praise You for Your Holy Word.

I KNOW You will hear my prayer this morning.

Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness. We can count on You to never leave us or forsake us. We take strength in knowing you are always there by our side. Lord You have blessed me with such a sweet family. Thank You for my precious wife and children. I pray for the blessing of a good day upon them today.

Father God, I pray that You help me with my organizational skills today. I still have much to get caught up on. I want to get caught up and then never look back on getting behind again. I want to be caught up and free to spend my time completely in Your will for my life.

Lord I lift my sick friend up to You again this morning, looking for complete healing and a miraculous recovery. Father God I also pray for this sin sick country and am looking for a complete healing and a miraculous recovery for America, too.

Lord I love You, and I pray these things in confidence in the name of Your precious son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: