Friday, January 02, 2009

What Role Does Prayer Play in Your Life...?

I have been Reading Dr Tony Evans Book on Spiritual Warfare... In one section he states that many Christians are not ready for Spiritual Warfare because prayer is NOT a dynamic, vital, potent, consistent, controlling, all-encompassing reality in our Christian lives.

That statement hit me right between the eyes. Although prayer is definitely present in my life I would not dare define it along those terms.

Prayer is communion with God. Prayer is communication with God. Prayer is worship.

God's purpose for our lives is to know Him and worship Him. We can't accomplish worship without prayer.

Here's Dr Evans description of an effective prayer life in list form:

Dynamic

Vital

Potent

Consistent

Controlling

All Encompassing Reality

Wow... That's what I'm talking about...! I've gotta have a prayer life like that...! In the next few days and weeks I'm going to look at the lives of some great men of prayer... We're going to start with George Mueller.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord my humble prayer to start the new year is to just be a better PRAY-ER. Help me to have the kind of prayer life Dr Evans is discussing in his book about spiritual warfare.

Lord I want to draw closer to You in 2009. I want to impact my family, friends, students, and the world around me for You.

I love You Lord. I praise and worship You my King. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: