Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Praise Report...

Yesterday our day did not turn out as planned at all. Connor broke his wrist while playing a football game with friends early in the afternoon, and his mom and I spent the better part of the afternoon and evening with him at the emergency room in Brazosport Regional Hospital.

There was a tremendous out pouring of support and prayers from all our friends and family and we are greatly appreciative of that. Thank God that Monica's Mom just happened to be visiting and Elijah was well cared for and did not even notice an interruption in our normal daily routine.

And praise God that Connor's injury was not as severe as we first suspected. He experienced some discomfort but is in a cast now and he should heal just fine with no problems.

God is Good...


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You always give us just what we need right when we need it. Thanks for being such an awesome God. I love You, Lord.

I pray for a sweet day of rest and recovery for Connor (and Monica) today. Lord I lift up my tennis classes this morning and ask blessings in all my encounters with the world today. Lord, perhaps I'll be able to touch someone else's life today for the Kingdom. Use me as You will, my King. That is my hope and prayer this morning.

I give today to You Lord. All I do is for Your Glory and in Your Honor.

Father God, I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam and Monica,

Please tell Connor that we are thinking about him and praying for a quick healing and are really sorry for his break. Tell him that at least he didn't slip on a paper plate and break his wrist like Alexandra did.
Thanks for loving him and taking such good care of him.
We need updated pictures and info on both kiddos when you get a chance. I can't believe how tall Connor has gotten and what a cutie Elijah is. He just brings joy to everyone that sees him.
We enjoy all of the family news and Monica has the best teaching and inspirational website. She really has some deep insights into the Bible and a heart for ministry to women.
Hopefully Alexandra and I can see you all in Houston this summer or at least get to see Connor in Missouri. Maybe he could come ro Memphis for a few days and we could drive him up there. Oh, well. We can see later.

Take care and we are thinking of you.

Erin & Alexandra