Monday, February 02, 2009

Covering the Day in Prayer: The First Step

I had a rough day yesterday, but God seems to continue to bless me in spite of myself. The Sunday morning message from Cere was very good. Every word seemed to be exactly for me and for me alone. He preached about faith and prayer. He preached in particular about the miraculous healing power of prayer.

One of the things Cere said that really jumped out at me was:

'There is no strength in being perceived as a nice person. -The power is in FAITH'

A witness for Christ MUST be made. We need to be God's Instrument, God's Agent.

Cere reported that there are 24 documented miracles by Jesus in the bible.

In John 14:12 Jesus says of these miracles: 'Greater things than these You shall do...'

Read this entire passage for a better context...

I have a long way to go before I can really be used as God's instrument or God's agent.

But the each journey in life, no matter how great the distance, starts with a single step...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I'm a mess. But praise You that You are good at cleaning up messes. Father God this morning I repent of my sins and walk forward in You. I pray for your miraculous Holy Spirit power today. Lord I don't want to just be perceived as a 'nice' person. I want to have the kind of Faith Cere spoke about yesterday morning. Lord help me....!

I pray a blessing over my family this morning, especially my sweet wife who is praying herself out over me constantly. Lord I love you and want to do Your will. I am humbled this morning.

Lord we have been given a mission to change the world in a very dwindling amount of time. I have been so ineffective up to now... Father God Heal me. Change My heart. Lift me up out of my pathetic crippling unbelief. Change my heart Lord. I am no better than any sinner out there. We all are lost except by your divine Grace.

Lord I believe in the Power of Your name. And I pray these things in your precious holy name, Jesus Christ, AMEN.

No comments: