Thursday, February 12, 2009

Psalm 22

This morning I read Psalm 22. The Psalmist David was going through a troubling time in his life when he wrote psalm 22. Indeed when reading the passage in full, at times you can sense a great anguish in his words. But Psalm 22:5 is a key verse that gives me hope:

In You they cried out and were delivered. In You they Trusted and were not disappointed....

In this verse, David is remarking about the heritage of the Jewish people with God. David's Fathers before him cried out and received God's blessings and intervention.

I love to read the works of David. He was an intensely emotional man, much like myself.

Like David, my hope is in the Lord. I will trust in Him...!

Father God I will keep my eyes on You. You are my Redeemer and Deliverer. I trust in You, my King.

Lord my plate is full today. Help me to swiftly accomplish the tasks before me. Help me to be a strong witness to those within my sphere of influence.

My Precious Jesus, I pray blessings on Monica as she prepares for her big teaching day today. I lift her up to You, My Savior. I pray for Holy Spirit power and protection for her today as she ministers to the needs of her students.

Lord I also lift up Connor and Elijah today at school. I pray that they would be salt and light to those around them.

Father God there are many requests on my heart and I will address them all throughout the day today as I commune with Thee. Search me and know my heart. Bless the sick with healing and give comfort to those in despair.

I love You Lord and I dedicate today to You. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: