Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Hunger and Thirst for a Saturation of the WORD in My Life

I've been praying fervently for a hunger and thirst for the Word. While I really enjoy going to church and listening to anointed speakers, I don't want to let my only information and education come from listening to what other men have to say about the bible. I want to let God's Holy Spirit speak to me personally.

The only way that's going to happen is for me to spend my own individual time in bible study. I want to be saturated in the WORD. One action I'm taking to help my saturation process is to try to memorize a key scripture from each of the book of the bible. I'm starting with Proverbs.

Today's scripture verse is easy. (And SO true...)

Proverbs 1:7.... FEAR of the Lord is the BEGINNING of knowledge. But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

In this verse the word 'fear' does not necessarily mean to 'be scared or frightened of...' In this context it also means to revere and respect.

I look back on my life and realize how many years I wasted as a 'fool'. I was aware that God existed, but I did not have Him at the center of my life.

Praise God that through various circumstances and trials in my life HE has finally gotten my FULL attention.

I do FEAR the Lord. AND, in MORE ways than one. Proverbs 1:7 is a verse that is definitely saturated into my heart.

Thank You Lord for loving me so much that You died to save my soul. Father God I love You right back. I give You full credit for everything good in my life. I am nothing without You, Lord.

Today I lift up my precious family to You. I pray blessings over my time management and our family finances. Help Monica and I to be good stewards of both. My precious Lord help me to impact those within my sphere of influence for You and Your Kingdom.

Thank You for Your Word and for illuminating Truth into my life. I want to walk in Your light now and evermore.

I love You Lord and preay these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: