Thursday, March 26, 2009

Proverbs Three... Trust The Lord...

Today I'm on Proverbs Three. It's one of my favorites. It's chock full of good advice. The key verse for today is one I've had memorized for years: Proverbs 3:5-6...

Trust the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make straight your path...

-Solomon, Proverbs 3:5-6


Sadly, although I've known this verse for some time, I'm yet to fully apply it to my life.... Monica and I have been attending classes at Life Church in Angleton called Building Blocks of Life and several class themes have been about 'trusting God' and 'faith in God'. I thank and praise God for always showing me new things...

Oh in my life I can think of so many times when I made decisions based on 'my own understanding'. I am still very much learning to take everything to the Lord. I don't think I've ever made one good decision on my own apart from God....

Last night in class our instructor told us that God is in control no matter what we do. He'll either speak to us through Revelation, or Experience. It's much better to consult God first and hear from HIM through 'Revelation', where He reveals His will to us through prayer and His Holy Word, the bible. When He reveals Himself to us through 'experience' it's often not nearly as pretty.

God wants our attention. He wants us to put Him FIRST in our lives. If we acknowledge Him in ALL our ways we literally have NOTHING to worry about.

My life is way too busy and out of control... Am I acknowledging Him in ALL my ways...?

NO...

The Apostle Paul explained it best this way in 1 Cor 10:23... All things are lawful but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify...

To put it in tennis terms: I've got to 'shrink my court'. That's concentrating on hitting the ball into a smaller playing area allowing for a wider margin of error. Right now I'm playing too close to the lines and making errors. I'm spread too thin and that's just how the enemy would have me. I'm much less effective for the Kingdom of God that way when my attenton is divided...

My prayer today is about focusing on and honoring God in everything I do. GOD BLESS YOU...!

Coach Sam

No comments: