Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Enjoying a Quiet Moment...

I love quiet mornings. This particular morning is very nice. I'm sitting comfortably on the couch in my living room with my laptop and I can hear the birds outside singing praises.

I'm singing praises, too. I'm in love with my wife and she loves me. And we are both in tune with loving and honoring our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Oh, God is GOOD!

I have to say that although there are some storms of life raging around me, I have an inner peace about me. Praise God...!

One area of my life where I feel God is greatly working is in regard to my health and fitness. I've been greatly inspired by the contestants on the Biggest Loser this year, especially by the fact that the winners of the Grand Prize and the At-Home prize were both older than me...!

I was a little sad that none of the contestants used their opportunity on national television to give any public credit or glory to God for their accomplishments. No, instead they all pretty much proclaimed: 'Look what I have done' It was all about 'self''. I wonder if much of that was edited and scripted by the network...?

Oh well... I know that everything Good is from God. I have accomplished nothing on my own apart from my Lord and Savior... In fact, I remember in my youth (before I was saved) I NEVER gave credit to God. It was all about 'me'. But through out the course of my life I have learned that victories won by and for myself are not nearly as sweet as victories gained by and for the Glory of Christ...!

Monica and I are really getting our act together in the way of nutrition and exercise... And it's all in honor of our Lord and Savior...! Yay, God!

Dear Heavenly Father,

First of all, thank You Lord for my precious wife whom I love dearly. I am blessed to have her by my side to love and cherish... Thank You for my help mate and companion. I am incomplete without my precious spouse. Thank You for the mother of my beautiful beautiful baby boy. She is the best mom I know...! Thank You for the love we share for You, Jesus. A rope of three strands is plenty strong to withstand the pressures of life's wear and use.

Father God, I recognize that I have life better than most of the rest of the world. I do not take that for granted for one second. I am indebted to You my King and pledge my life to honoring You and impacting those around me for Your Name.

Lord I pray that am able to speak words of truth and encouragement to those around me. I ask for Your help in my areas of weakness. I want to glorify You at all times my King.

Father I lift up my friend Brad to You. I pray for healing for his body. Raise him up, Lord. Lord I pray for my friend Pat also who is going through some personal struggles. Lift him up and send an agent of encouragement his way, Lord.

I pray especially for my stepson Connor this morning. I pray that he will draw closer to You and we will see his life transformed through the miracle of Your Love. Actually, this entire family needs that, Lord...!

Thank You, Jesus for loving us so much You went to the cross for the sins of the entire world...! That selfless act changed the course of humanity...!

Lord I love You. And pray these things in Jesus' name, AMEN...!

No comments: