Thursday, May 28, 2009

God ALWAYS Shows UP... Expect Great Things from God...!

I awakened this morning with this William Carey Quote on my heart and mind...

Expect Great things from God, attempt Great things for God.

William Carey was a Baptist Preacher-Evangelist who lived in the late 1700 to early 1800's.

I first learned about William Carey from my Charles Spurgeon Devotionals. He led a remarkable life. That quote was his life's motto and he did just that. I blogged about him back in August 2008 and memorized that quote.

I believe when you hide scripture and quotes like William Carey's on your heart then God will use that for edification (your own or someone else's) at some later date... I'm glad I memorized that quote because I sure needed the encouragement this morning.

I do expect great things from God. I believe that God can do ANYTHING. He has showed up BIG at the Chadwell house time and time again. I can't believe at this point I would have any anxiety whatsoever given the Lord's track record in my life...!

God Always Shows Up...!

Now, the BIG QUESTION is... -What great thing am I going to attempt for God...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for the encouraging words you placed on my heart this morning. Lord You are Good. I love You and I give this day to You, my King...! You are faithful...

I will follow You, Father God. My life is in Your hands. I will not be anxious today. You will order my steps. Father God I need You. I am nothing apart from You.

Lord I pray blessings on my precious wife this morning. Guide her steps as well, my King. Bless Monica with a day of great accomplishment in Your name. Thank You for her help and her witness. Thank You for my wife's sweet, unconditional love. I love and cherish her.

Father God I also pray a hedge of protection around Connor and Elijah today. Please bless them and keep them safe, Lord. Lord I pray that they would learn to both expect and attempt great things from God, too.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen
.

No comments: