Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lifting up a Local Family Suffering Loss

I just read on facebook a link that one of my friends posted...

http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=06fd204f2c390b3c

A local family in Lake Jackson was touched by the war in Afghanistan when their son was killed by a roadside bomb. He was 25 years old and was supposed to be flying home this weekend to celebrate his daughter's one year birthday. How tragic.

I don't know this family personally, but my heart grieves for their loss. I am very grateful for the men and women that serve our country.

The bible says that our lives are like a vapor. Oh how true that is... We don't know how much time we have here on earth. Stories of lives tragically cut short are very sobering.

The article didn't say if the young man killed was a Christian or not. I pray that he was. And I pray that the Holy Spirit is right there in the midst of his family right this very second dispensing comfort.

Heavenly Father,

Lord I pray blessings on the Jon Rape family this morning. Thank You for Jon and men like him who serve our country every day. Father God, I lift up Jon's family to You this morning. Bless them. Comfort them Lord in their moment of need. I pray that hearts and eyes are turned to right now, my King.

Father God I thank and praise You for my own family and another day of life to protect, provide for, and impact them. Thank You for my precious wife and children. I lift them up to You as well, Lord.

I pray traveling mercy on my sis this morning as she is traveling to Texas for a visit. I pray for rest and restoration for her during her stay.

I love You Lord. I give this day to You for Your Glory. I Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: