Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prayer

Honestly, I've never been more 'burdened' with prayer needs and requests than now. And I don't use the worrd 'burdened' as in it's a burden to me personally, I use the term to mean a sense in my spirit, or a call from God.

I have hardly been able to sleep the past few days...

Here are some of the most urgent, pressing things I feel the need to spend time in prayer about:

#1.......... The eternal salvation of my family and friends who may not be saved. -God specifically placed these people in my path and within my sphere of influence. What am I doing with the knowledge of the Good News of Christ...?

#2.......... Abortion. Uggghhh.... America kills thousands of babies every week. Innocent blood is on my hands if I have knowledge of this atrocity and do nothing... God is not going to let this continue without severe repercussions...!

#3.......... There is much more but I'm out of time this morning... To be continued...

But let me conclude with this question....

Does anyone else feel the same quickening of their spirit regarding these issues...?


Dear Heavenly Father,

My mind is divided. I can barely focus on the daily task of living in light of the enormous prayer needs of the world and those around me. I am consumed with intercession.

Father God, calm my mind. Comfort me. Bless me Lord. Enable me to carry on. Help me to hold up the Standard. Lord I lift up my precious wife who stands with me in agreement on these issues.

I pray specifically for Monica's day today. Bless Monica to complete her art projects today.

Oh Lord I love You. Thank You for my life and the opportunity to make a difference in this world.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: