Monday, August 31, 2009

Where Are My Priorities..?

It concerns me that sometimes in the morning when I get out of bed I'll feel compelled to check my email or face book BEFORE I dive into a devotional.

I see that as a HUGE problem. Blogging used to be my big addiction and now face book is definitely an issue for me, too. Oh, I do spend a lot of time ministering encouragement and mentoring through those venues but I should NEVER put them before time spent with God, Himself.

Here are some Lyrics from Rich Mullins song: One Thing

...Save me from those things that might distract me, please take them away and purify my heart. I don't want to lose the eternal for the things that are passing 'cause what will I have when the world is gone if it isn't for the love that goes on and on...

YOU'RE MY ONE THING....! -and the pure in heart shall see God... Matt 5:8

This is a good message. We are in the world but not of it. Got to focus on God and not be distracted by what's going on. Must keep my mission clear: Represent my Lord and Savior and let everyone see the Joy that is in me because I am saved.

Praying for a pure heart today. How can I get a pure heart...? Pray for it. And spend time in the WORD.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Help me focus in a world of distractions. Let me see things through Your eyes. Help my heart, Lord. I love You, Father . I give today to You and ask You to bless and order my steps. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: