Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Psalm 3 ~Coach's Notes

1    Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me.  Wow!  I feel just like David did as he penned this message many years ago.  There are a great number of people out there who who think differently than I do.  There are many who do not even believe in Jesus Christ, and then there are many who do 'follow' the name of Jesus but are lost to false doctrine.
 
2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.   I do not listen to these mockers and scorners but am moved to pity for them that they do not know the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

3 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.    Big Amen to this verse.  God is my refuge.  PRAISE HIM

4   I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah   God has always been faithful, even when I have not been.  I can recount numerous times God has come through for my family and I and has saved the day in dramatic and miraculous fashion.   

5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.  Peaceful, restful sleep come to those who trust in the Lord.

6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.  I am astounded when I think of the insurmountable odds that the Psalmist David must have faced.  But I rest in the fact that nothing is impossible for God.  If God be for us WHO can be against us?    When you have the creator of the universe on your side you are sitting pretty.

7 Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.   This verse is saying to all the bad guys:  '...You better watch your mouth...!'

8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.   Praise be to our Lord and Savior: Jesus Christ...!

Dear Heavenly Father,   I thank YOU and praise YOU for YOUR WORD.  Lord it is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.   Help me to walk in YOUR ways, Father.  Help me to lead my family to follow YOU.   Father God, please continue to go before me.  Lift me up, hold me up, place my feet upon YOUR solid ground!  I love You Lord.  I wait on You.   In Jesus' name I pray,   AMEN.



No comments: