Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Be STILL and know HIM...

God's Word will never fail
If you read the bible you will meet Jesus.  If you know Jesus and believe in Him you will know peace.   Peace is the absence of fear.  The author of Psalms says that He sought the Lord and the Lord heard him and delivered him from his fears.

Remember earlier in Psalm 34 the author begins with stating he will be singing blessings and praises forever?  Wow, God really must have answered his prayers.   Think about the last time you got a piece of 'good news' and it was all you could talk about...

Do you have fear of something?  The Psalmist says God took away all his fears.  That is an amazing statement.  AND I BELIEVE IT.

I believe the maker of the universe can do ANYTHING...!

But I also have to confess I have fear from time to time.  So what does that say about my faith...? Yes, Its small at times.  But it helps me to consider the father in Mark 9:24 who said through his tears: 

...Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

God will help us.  When I have fear I go to God's Word, and He calms my fears.  The bible has the answers to my questions.  His Word is a lamp unto my feet.  Listening to the testimonies of men and women who have gone before me comfort me.  The bible is just one big testimony about the saving grace of God's Love.

Here's my testimony:   God has answered prayer in my life so many times I have literally lost count.  There is no reason to believe He's going to just quit answering my pleas now.

Call on me in the day of trouble.I will deliver thee, and thou shall glorify me.  Psalm 50:15.

Anything else we need to do besides call on HIM..?  Yes, the bible says to be still.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. -Psalm 46:10.


This just might be everyone's problem. WHO is '...still...' any more these days...?

Ouch,  I think I just stepped on my own toes.    More discussion again soon.  

Heavenly Father,  You are an amazing God who has over come the world.  Lord help me to be still and know you more.  Help me to lead my family.  Help me to make right decisions.  But most of all, give me a hunger and thirst for your word.  I love you Lord.  And pray these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: